CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 5, 2007

I realize that I am WAY overdue for a Lake Powell update. I have attempted to type it up several times but have yet to completed it...so here we go again!

We had a GREAT time as always. The kids played really hard and a few of them even tried some new things.

The day we got there it was raining REALLY hard. Needless to stay a lot of our stuff ended up getting really wet in the process of moving it from our cars to the houseboat. We also ended up having to stay in the slip the first night because there were some problems with the generator. We were all hoping that this was not an indication of how the rest of the trip was going to end up. The next day we waited and waited for the mechanic to show up and fix the generator. He finally showed up and we were off to Navajo Canyon. We got there just in time to set everything up before it got dark.

The rest of the trip was packed full of fun. We buried the kids in the sand. If you look really closely at the group picture you can see Tanner's little head poking out of the sand. And then of course there is Gavin.



We also continued the tradition started last year of building a waterslide. Ricky brought some plastic from work and we borrow Grandpa Herd's water pump. This is always a big hit for everyone including the adults. This year we made it wide enough that a tube could be ridden down it as well. It is funny to watch people go by and try to figure out what in the world we have created on the beach.















Hunter definitely has his mom's genes when it comes to action packed water sports :) He didn't ski, knee board, jump off the cliffs or anything really exciting so I don't have any "action" pictures of him. I just have pictures of Hunter being Hunter.



Eric enjoyed the time he spent wakeboarding this year. I wasn't in the boat when he went out until the very last day. We got up at 7am so that he could go and enjoy the water for the last time this season. He pulled off a few of his tricks and then finally jumped the entire wake for the 1st time! I don't have any pictures of that but I did get that on video. I may try to upload that later.

The end of the trip turned out to be just like the beginning...thank you very much mother nature! We went from 80 degree weather to the low 40s when we pulled into the driveway...and yes that is SNOW on the boat trailer!

0 comments: