We left at 8:30am on Tuesday and got down to Ephraim around 11. When we arrived we played volleyball, did the "human rubber band" and then we had lunch.
After lunch, we went to our assigned dorms. We were all pleasantly surprised when we got the our dorms because we were expecting older dorms like the website had referenced. We stayed in some student housing apartments which were actually new and very nice. Each apartment had 6 individual bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms and a full kitchen.
After settling in, we went to the Community Center where everyone could pick an activity. Most people swam and played racquetball. Later that evening we got dressed up and had our Ward Fireside which was awesome. Our Young Men's President talked a lot about the history of the area. His family roots are from that area so he told a lot of great stories about his ancestors. It was very neat! We then heard from 2 members of the Bishopric who spoke about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.
After the Fireside we went back and changed clothes and headed over to the Youth Dance. I have to say that it has been a VERY long time since I went dancing but that didn't stop us. We had a great time! We spent most of the next day outside. We played Ultimate Frisbee, Frisbee Golf and then lots of water activites.

After a full day in the sun we got to go down to Manti to see the Mormon Miracle Pageant (or Manti Pageant). They have changed the pageant since I saw it last so it was fun to see it again with new things added. It was also great to see the youth really get into it. A lot of them came away saying that after seeing the pageant they had a greater appreciation for Joseph Smith and the Pioneers.
The Manti Temple holds a special place in my heart because this is where Eric and I were sealed. It is such a beautiful temple and is so nice to drive into Manti seeing it stand up on it's own hill with nothing around it.
We had so much fun at Youth Conference that I can't wait to go again next year. Girls Camp is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm positive we will have a great time there too!
I love being in the Young Womens program!! It is so rewarding to get to spend time with such great teenagers! This church gives us so many opportunities and I am so greatful to have the opportunity to serve the youth.
0 comments:
Post a Comment